The village centre of Praz-sur-Arly continues its transformation to reinforce the attractiveness and dynamism of the station in summer, like in winter. The new luxury residence Le Pratz will thus complete the new central square of the village around the church.
Since 2019, the municipality has contributed to the renewal of this central area by creating a medical centre, shops and residential housing. The new residence will be the last part of this program.
It is in this new pedestrian centre in the pleasant heart of the village that Le Pratz will soon rise.
The new luxury residence Le Pratz consists of two chalets including 17 apartments with balcony and terrace, from one bedroom to 4/5 bedrooms. In addition to four commercial spaces on ground floor, 48 parking spaces are available underground.
The two chalets architecture has been designed to perfectly fit in the Savoyard style of Praz-sur-Arly. A style that echoes those of the historical family houses that made the charm of the station in the 1950s.
In order to respect the traditional aspect of mountain building, the two chalets have the same height (3 floors and attic). The facades feature a wooden siding on the upper level and a coated facing for the lower floors and foundation so as to fit it with the surrounding landscape.
The building complies with the more recent environmental regulations (RT 2020) to allow for energy optimization and maximum comfort.
The residence is ideally located across from the shuttle Ski Bus stop that takes you to the Crêt du Midi chair lift at 600 m.
Le Pratz was named in honour of the old village Pratz of Megève. It was one of the three hamlets founded in the XIVth century, which gave birth to the modern village. At the time, the hamlets were under the dependence of Megève.
In 1643, the Chapel of Pratz was built. In 1779, the hamlet had about a hundred inhabitants, mainly living from breeding and agriculture. After the reunion with France in June 1860, Pratz of Megève became independent but Megève was still opposed to a clear separation up to 1870. The village will have to wait until 1907 to be clearly cut off from its megevan heritage and to take its current name, Praz-sur-Arly.
Its inhabitants are called the Pralins and the… Pralines !